In order to endure the safety of passengers‚ employees and property‚ there are certain rules and regulations that restrict the carriage of certain items either as carry-on items and/or as checked baggage.
The transport of certain dangerous goods included but not limited to the below list are forbidden:
- GUNS / SPORT GUNS
- MINES‚ BLASTING CAPS‚ DETONATORS‚ FUSES AND EXPLOSIVE DEVICES OR OTHER MILITARY EXPLOSIVES
- SMOKE GRENADES OR CARTRIDGES
- DYNAMITE‚ GUNPOWDER AND PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES
- GASES AND GAS CYLINDERS & CARTIDGES (e.g. butane‚ propane‚ acetylene‚ oxygen‚ co2)
- FIREWORKS‚ FLARES IN ANY FORM AND OTHER PYROTECHNICS (including party poppers and toy caps)
- NON-SAFETY MATCHES
- FUEL CONTAINERS WITH FLAMMABLE LIQUID (even empty - e.g. petrol‚ diesel‚ lighter fuel‚ alcohol‚ ethanol)
- PAINT SPRAY CANS
- TURPENTINE AND PAINT THINNERS
- ALCOHOLIC DRINKS WITH MORE THAN 70% ALCOHOL CONTENT (140 PROOF). PACKAGES CONTAINING UP TO 5 LITRES OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WITH AN ALCOHOL CONTENT OF BETWEEN 24%-70% ARE‚ HOWEVER‚ PERMITTED.
- REPLICAS OR IMITATIONS OF EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS OR DEVICES
- AVALANCHE RESQUE BACKPACK
- CAMPING STOVES
- PERSONAL PROTECTION DEVICES (e.g mace‚ paper spray‚ tasers‚ electro shock weapons)
There are also some certain dangerous goods that can be transported on Bluebird Airways Aircrafts under certain limitations‚ terms and conditions.
If you wish to transport fragile items‚ you will be asked to sign a Limited Release Form when checking your baggage to indicate that the transport of the items is at your own risk.
For any enquiries in reference to the transport of such dangerous goods please contact the airline for further clarifications and transport approval.